Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Merry go Round

I love this painting. My brother found the original photograph at the dump. I have tried to find out where, when and who, but, there are no markings whatsoever to give any clues to the photograph's origins. In the black and white photograph the man in blue is just standing there so I gave him the task of painting the carvings as they made their way down the 'production line'. I love the nostalga of the photograph. When I was young I loved Merry go Rounds', maybe that started my love for horses later on, but, I never stopped to think about how they were made, who made them and where they were made, they were just 'Merry go Rounds' and they were fun.  Hope you enjoy and take a trip down your own memory lane!
Framed size: 94cm x 77cm  FOR SALE

No comments:

Post a Comment