Sunday, July 5, 2009

Darcy

I feel like I have been missing in action from my blog for the last two weeks. I have been doing a couple of paintings, one of a sunset that set the sky on fire and the other of some pelicans that I took a photo of when I was up in beautiful Harvey Bay, Queensland last year whale watching. I don't have my camera at present, a friend of mine went to Darwin for a week or so and took my camera with her to get some great photos for me to paint. Isn't it always the way, the photo opportunties that have come my way, even around my farm and no camera to capture the moment has been like a giant tease. So to fill in the space above I thought I would share with you one of my commissions that I did last year of Darcy, the most beautiful rich bay horse with the biggest brown eyes and an attitude to match. Darcy has the longest shiniest mane, it always looked liked it had just been brushed...must use a great conditioner! The owners have since sold him, he now lives in Victoria. The previous owners are so glad that they commissioned me to immortalise Darcy in a painting for now he will always be with them. I do love painting horses...

2 comments:

  1. nicely done Lindy. They will treasure this painting forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gary, really enjoying your blog, love the photos and your art...happy days...Cheers Lindy

    ReplyDelete